This Month's Program
Jody Bruns is the founding member of the Divorce Lending Association. She has trained with the Harvard Negotiation Institute. Authored the Certified Divorce Lending Professional (CDLP) and Certified Divorce Real Estate Professional (CDREP) industry and the Real Estate Mediation Specialists (REM-S) certifications.
Jody has coached and trained over 3,000 mortgage and real estate professionals on how to build their divorce practice working with divorcing clients and divorce attorneys and other divorce professionals.
With over 30 years of experience in finance and mortgage banking, Jody implements her experience and knowledge of current real estate trends and conditions to help mentor and train other mortgage professionals on how to succeed in the divorce lending market. As an industry educator, she shares her knowledge and expertise with mortgage professionals, attorneys, financial planners, CPAs, real estate professionals and others by developing and providing targeted presentations and continuing education classes relevant to their success in their chosen fields.
- Certified Divorce Lending Professional (CDLP)
- Certified Mediator / Mediator Trainer
- Licensed Real Estate Continuing Education Instructor
- Approved Continuing Legal Education Provider with multiple State Bar Associations
- Approved Continuing Education Provider with CFP Board and Institute of Divorce Financial Analysts
- Author: A House Divided | The Intersection of Divorce, Real Estate & Mortgage Financing
- Author: Big Fish in a Small Pond | The Unfair Advantage of Niche Marketing
“I believe divorcing clients deserve to be better served than the status quo. I believe the divorcing borrower is being underserved by the real estate and mortgage industry as a whole.
The intersection between divorce law, tax law, real estate, and mortgage financing is real and we can’t ignore it. I challenge every real estate and mortgage professional to become part of the solution and raise their level of service when working with divorcing homeowners because you can’t think traditionally when working with divorce.
The CDLP Certification offers the required knowledge, training, and resources for the mortgage professional who has that higher calling to better serve the divorcing community."